The following scholarship and grant possibilities can be obtained to senior high school and college students associated with music training and music performance. They have been supplied right here for the ease of Tri-M Honor community and NAfME Collegiate people. To learn more about these scholarships, please look at the sites referenced. Understand of a opportunity or scholarship that ought to be included with this list? Email [email protected]
Click a category below to look at scholarships:
Scholarships for Highschool Juniors
“The President’s Own” United States aquatic Band, with the aquatic Corps Heritage Foundation and NAfME, announces the aquatic Band Concerto Competition for senior school artists.
- The champion shall appear as being a visitor soloist with all the U.S. aquatic Band and be given a money reward. Ready to accept twelfth grade performers (grades 9–12) enrolled throughout the 2017–2018 year that is academic. Performers of woodwind, metal, or percussion instruments may use.
- Deadline: November 15
This spring that is annual offers pupils the opportunity to audition for a couple of college/university music programs from around the world. It is possible to audition for as numerous regarding the participating schools while you like. You’ll additionally find out more about each one of the programs that are represented.
This scholarship offers money that is prize pupils whom write an essay of 250 terms or less on a music theme. The twentieth yearly essay competition will commence September 1, 2019.
- Chosen pupils winnings a $1,000 music and scholarship services and products with regards to their college music system.
- Public and school that is private in grades 4–12 meet the criteria.
- Deadline: 31 december
The Davidson Fellowship is available to pupils who are able to show noteworthy achievements through the creation of a “significant piece of content” directed at enhancing the life of other people in a number of subject matter, including music. A “significant good article” in music could be a exemplary performance and/or another demonstration of extraordinary achievement.
- Honors are awarded within the number of $50,000, $25,000, and $10,000.
- Candidates needs to be underneath the chronilogical age of 18 to qualify for this honor.
- Deadline: February 13
Every year, outstanding young artists with disabilities, many years 14-25, are acknowledged by the VSA International younger Soloists Competition. The Kennedy Center selects as much as four champions from around the entire world. Candidates can put on being an instrumental or vocal soloist, or as ensembles. Your competition is ready to accept all genres. Chosen performers win a $2,500 award, expert development tasks, while the chance to perform during the John F. Kennedy Center when it comes to Performing Arts in Washington, D.C.
Any musician having a impairment is entitled to apply as either a domestic applicant or an applicant that is international. Your competitors is available to soloists in addition to ensembles as high as five people. For ensembles to qualify, a minumum of one musician will need to have an impairment, and all sorts of people must certanly be between your many years of 14-25.
All genres of music are accepted, including yet not restricted to classical, jazz, hip-hop, rap, rock/alt rock, pop music, indie, bluegrass, folk, nation, R&B/blues, Latin, and World
Deadline: March 29, 2019
Application information can be seen regarding the VSA site.
These scholarships can be obtained to people of the Tri-M® musical Honor Society, a scheduled system of NAfME. The scholarship system provides scholarship cash for summer research programs to chapters that win certainly one of three recognitions during the nationwide degree in each unit: senior (senior high school) and junior (middle college). Scholarship cash is granted by the advisors of this winning chapters to deserving pupils.
- Open and then people of the Tri-M Music Honor Society.
- Champions have actually the opportunity to win as much as $1,000 in scholarship funds for summer time music research.
- Deadline: Might 3
The Musical Theater Songwriting Challenge can be an effort of this National Endowment for the Arts partnering utilizing the United states Theatre Wing as well as in collaboration with Playbill, blog writers for hire Inc. and Disney Theatrical Productions. The Songwriting Challenge is a nationwide competition for senior high school pupils who possess a passion for composing tracks that would be section of a theater production that is musical. The program provides six semi-finalists mentorship opportunities with expert songwriters and artists and also the chance to have a song that is original by those artists.
The National Champion would be granted a scholarship of $25,000 and all sorts of six finalists need their track posted by Samuel French. The program portal starts in and must be submitted by April 30 october. Six local semi-finalists will likely to be established in February additionally the nationwide competition among the six local semi-finalists should be held in April in nyc.
Southern California senior high school students of all of the ability levels ought to use free of charge. A lot more compared to a competition, Spotlight is a scholarship and arts training curriculum, which empowers pupils by emphasizing planning, courage, critical reasoning and perseverance while supplying an excellent window of opportunity for pupils to hone their abilities! $100,000 in money scholarships are granted each 12 months to pupils. Individualized feedback, master classes with globally renowned musicians, doing arts workshops and much more!
- Deadline: October 14
- Each category is restricted to 400 applicants
Community Service/Extracurricular Strategies Oriented-Scholarships
Are you currently a school music student that is high? Would you like to learn how to travel? ensure you Get your music manager to nominate you when it comes to FMA Solo Scholarship. In cooperation with FMA’s business users and sponsors nationwide, this system will fund scholarships to juniors or seniors in twelfth grade who’ve been nominated by their music director.
The Tribute Award Scholarship Program is ready to accept senior high school juniors that have actually the absolute minimum 2.75 GPA and intend on going to a certified official certification, licensing or training course or organization of advanced schooling. In addition, the prospect must show success in every regarding the four areas that are following unique talents, leadership, community solution, and obstacles overcome.
- Scholarships of $25,000 can be obtained.
- Due dates: The Sweepstakes starts on February 2, 2019, at 12:00 a.m. ET, concludes on January 31, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Promotion Period”), and is made of twelve (12) month-to-month entry durations.
Sponsored together with the nationwide Association of Secondary class Principals, these honors honor young adults in grades 5 through 12 who possess volunteered inside their communities. This award program may be the country’s volunteer recognition program that is largest for teenagers.
Pupils preparing academic travel programs but requiring economic help can use for the “Road” Scholarship provided by the SYTA Youth Foundation, Inc. (SYF). The SYF provides scholarships 3 x per year. Music directors, instructors, principals, as well as other youth leaders can submit nominations.
- Pupils 25 and under that are taking part in pupil team travel meet the criteria.
- Prizes as much as $1,000 can be found.
- Due Dates: March 15, November 15
Scholarships for Twelfth Grade Seniors
“The President’s Own” United States aquatic Band, with the aquatic Corps Heritage Foundation and NAfME, announces the aquatic Band Concerto Competition for senior high school performers.
- The champion will appear as a visitor soloist with all the U.S. aquatic Band and be given a money prize. Available to senior school artists (grades 9–12) enrolled through the 2017–2018 academic 12 months. Performers of woodwind, brass, or percussion instruments may use.
- Deadline: November 15
The scholarship competition is available to senior school seniors from Wyoming, Idaho, and Montana whom want to pursue levels in music (classical, jazz, or any other) at a certified four-year university with a music system acknowledged by the nationwide Association of Schools of musical, or even a conservatory with a more popular nationwide profile for instance the Juilliard class, Curtis Institute of musical, or even the New England Conservatory.
- First award is $20,000; second award is $12,500; and 3rd reward is $7,500.
- Included in the application process, pupils have to submit an audition movie. Semi-finalists will likely to be invited to execute in a daylong event of music at Walk Festival Hall in Jackson Hole on Saturday, June 8, 2019, where they’re going to compete when it comes to scholarship award cash right in front of GTMF’s panel of recognized judges and an audience that is live.
- Deadline: April 1, 2019, 11:59 PM MDT
This prize is fond of graduating school that is high or first-year students whom want to make music a main section of their future life.
- Candidates submit audition CDs or tapes; finalists compete in Clarinda, Iowa; and 3 instrumentalists and 3 vocalists are selected to do during the Glenn Miller Festival. Champions receive as much as $4,500.
- Deadline: March 1
This scholarship offers prize cash to students who compose an essay of 250 terms or less for a music theme.
- Chosen pupils winnings a $1,000 music and scholarship services and products because of their college music system.
- Public and school that is private in grades 4–12 qualify.
- Deadline: December 31